The popularity of reusable water bottles has skyrocketed over recent years. More of us have realized the benefits that having your own water bottle offers. We all know the importance of drinking plenty of fresh water each day.
However, in reality, many of us fail to drink as much as we should. A reusable water bottle means you always have access to clean, fresh water, whether you are participating in a sport, sitting at your desk or out shopping. In addition, these bottles save you money and the damage to the environment caused by improper disposal of plastic, store-bought bottles.
Taking care of your custom water bottles will help to increase their longevity. You can continue to enjoy fresh, clean drinking water for years from a bottle that is properly cleaned and maintained.
The process of caring for these custom plastic water bottles is simple, straightforward and very easy to follow.
Simple Tips to Care for your Reusable Custom Water Bottle
By following some tips with regards to caring for your reusable custom water bottle, you can enjoy the many health benefits of drinking fresh water. It is important to keep your bottle clean, and this involves a simple day-to-day process and an occasional deeper clean.
Day-to-day cleaning of your bottle
If you use your bottle on a daily basis, you should make sure you clean it at the end of the day so it is ready for use again the next day. Reusable customized water bottles can be cleaned quickly and easily. All you need to do is:
- Hand wash with warm water and soap: The simplest way to clean your water bottle is to hand wash it with warm water and soap. Add warm water to the bottle along with a few drops of washing-up liquid. You can then screw the top back on and shake vigorously for a minute or two. Pour the soap mixture down the sink and rinse the bottle thoroughly with plain water. You can then leave it to air dry overnight.
- Use a dishwasher: If you prefer, you can use your dishwasher to clean your reusable water bottle. The first thing you need to do, however, is check the bottle labeling to ensure it is dishwasher-safe. It is recommended to hand wash some aluminum bottles, for example. If it is, you should make sure you put all components of the bottle on the top rack of the dishwasher to be cleaned.
- A slightly deeper clean: If your reusable water bottle smells a little stale, you may need to put it through a slightly deeper clean. One way to do this is to use white vinegar.
Simply fill the bottle around one fifth of the way with the vinegar. Fill the remainder of the bottle up with water. Leave the mixture in overnight to do its work. In the morning, pour out the water and vinegar, and rinse the bottle thoroughly.
Sanitizing your water bottle
From time to time, you should sanitize your reusable bottle to get it really clean. To sanitize your reusable water bottle, use a bleach solution to eliminate stains, odors and germs.
Prepare the solution using one teaspoon of bleach to one gallon of water. After putting the solution into your bottle, let it stand for around 10-15 minutes. After this, pour the solution down the sink and rinse the bottle thoroughly with plain water.
Make sure you keep rinsing until the smell of the bleach has gone. You can leave it to air dry overnight.
Reducing the risk of discoloration and odors
Reusable water bottles can become discolored and begin to smell bad if they are not looked after properly. This can be caused by several factors and can affect the taste, and sanitation, of your water. Some of the possible causes include:
- Failing to clean the bottle properly each day
- Leaving the bottle sealed for long periods with water inside
- Storing the bottle in a wet area
Just remember to clean your bottle regularly, sanitize it occasionally, empty it daily and store it somewhere dry. When storing it, avoid placing the cap or sealing the lid to prevent odors. This will help to extend the life of any water bottle, whether it be plastic or metal.
Reusable water bottles are easy to look after, and as long as you follow these tips, you can enjoy using your bottle time and time again. Simply make sure you stay on top of your cleaning routine to keep the bottle clean and hygienic.
Share this post